Alzheimer's




This past Mothers day(well the Saturday before it), I went to Robstown, TX where my Granny Jackson, my mom and some other people live. My sister was having a Bar-B-Que for Our mom and a family friend and Granny.
Well anyways, when Chris and I got to the river, we went straight up stairs to see granny first. I knocked and knocked and no one came to the door. I checked the door and it was unlocked! I walked into the back of the house and there she was just sitting there looking outside the window. When I announced myself and Chris she just gave me a dull glassy look.
While me and Chris closed our visit with her, it broke my heart, i hated seeing her the way she was, but i knew i had no control over it.

Almost right after me and Chris got settled in down stairs with everyone, Granny called my mom to ask "Who was that that just left my house?"
Even though that Granny Jackson isn't really MY Granny, it really hurts that she didn't remember me. Granny has known my mom and her family for a very very long time, so she is technically my granny.

I really am going to miss her when she is gone. I'm already missing her...

0 comments:



Post a Comment